Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: best video game to movie?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    best video game to movie?

    what is the best? I would have to say that Resident Evil is the most successful but is it the best?
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Biggin's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 18th, 2002
    Posts
    9,588
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: best video game to movie?

    Resident Evil is a good pick.

    Its either that or, as stupid as it sounds, Pokemon.
    [IMG]http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh111/Vic_Fontaine/sig.jpg[/IMG]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member steer's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 3rd, 2002
    Location
    Bristol, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    3,872
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: best video game to movie?

    Ton better picks than Pokemon. Resident Evil has been good for me. I've enjoyed their story.

    Prince of Persia : Sands of Time, Silent Hill, Postal (funny stuff), Tomb Raider, Doom, Max Payne and Double Dragon.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member timmy_v's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 7th, 2005
    Posts
    1,586
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: best video game to movie?

    super mario bros j/k
    mosy video game to movies suck. Doom blew, silent hill was decent, max payne sucked pretty bad as well
    "Somebody may beat me, but they are going to have to bleed to do it." -Pre

  5. #5
    Inactive Member SWVA-Football's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2005
    Posts
    4,965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: best video game to movie?

    Doom was a disgrace. It could have been great, but didn't even stay true to the games other than the tacked-on "first person" sequence. The game is all about battling large hordes of demons from Hell, whereas the movie is more or less about a virus. Could you imagine if they followed the game's storyline and featured marines battling in Hell and even experiencing "Hell on Earth," which is practically title of the second game? I'm sorry, but "Doom" without Hell is not Doom.

    I don't know that there are any great video game-to-movie efforts. I would have to say that the one I enjoyed most was "Mortal Kombat," and only because they had most of the cast - Liu Kang, Scorpion, Sub Zero, Johnny Cage, even Goro - and did a semi-decent job capturing the "tournament" aspect of the fighting itself. I thought the acting was acceptable, too, and better than most game-to-movie efforts. Even MK, though, wasn't necessarily great in my opinion. It could have been better.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: best video game to movie?

    I know some people have absolutely hated the RE series b/c there's no "Alice" in the game's history itself, but taking her story and mixing it in now with the likes of Wesker, Jill, Chris, and other characters from the games--it's starting to catch on a little better with the purists in the fanbase. The monsters and the zombies in the games have started to pick up as far as how they're adapted into the movies.

    I honestly think that if somehow or another Alice gets killed off in one of the next few movies, that they can keep going with the franchise simply because of the turn that the storylines took with RE4/5 and the departure from the viruses, instead turning towards parasites (aka the plagas).
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Biggin's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 18th, 2002
    Posts
    9,588
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: best video game to movie?

    Quote Originally Posted by steer View Post
    Ton better picks than Pokemon. Resident Evil has been good for me. I've enjoyed their story.

    Prince of Persia : Sands of Time, Silent Hill, Postal (funny stuff), Tomb Raider, Doom, Max Payne and Double Dragon.
    Um no. Silent Hill, DOOM, Max Payne, and Double Dragon were are terrible.

    Say what you want about Pokemon, but the movies were well done and stayed with the storyline to an extent.
    [IMG]http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh111/Vic_Fontaine/sig.jpg[/IMG]

  8. #8
    Inactive Member steer's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 3rd, 2002
    Location
    Bristol, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    3,872
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: best video game to movie?

    Quote Originally Posted by Biggin View Post
    Um no. Silent Hill, DOOM, Max Payne, and Double Dragon were are terrible.

    Say what you want about Pokemon, but the movies were well done and stayed with the storyline to an extent.
    the 2001 Final Fantasy film was better than all the Pokemon movies.

    I don't think they were horrible. Max Payne was VERY true to the game in the style, dialogue, and way it's paced out.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member MikMo's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 23rd, 2002
    Posts
    3,344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: best video game to movie?

    I'd have to go with Final Fantasy: Advent Children, for the sole reason of the battle with Cloud and Sephiroth at the end.

    As far as Resident Evil goes, being a huge fan of the games, I was sorely disappointed at the movies. If they would have incorporated the S.T.A.R.S. and the escape from the mansion in the first movie, it would have been a heck of a lot better. At least they could have made an attempt to somewhat follow the game story.
    [img]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k102/ETWNAPPEL/calgraphic.gif?t=1238543058[/img]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •